Hi all, sorry for the delay... briefing as follows:
We will meet on Thursday March 4th at 19:30GMT for the New Guinea Sector mission.
The time in Port Moresby is 14:00
Weather is Blind, cloud base at 800 meters
Objectives for the mission
In the North (Buna Area - use ABCDE West Sector view):
In the East (Milne Area - use HIJ East Sector view):
- Bridge 43 in AP-22.6: There is also an enemy engineer unit nearby working on the downed bridge. kill the bridge and strafe the engineer unit.
- Bridge 46 in AO-21.8: Here too, there is an enemy unit nearby to the West at the downed bridge. It might be an engineering unit fixing the downed bridge to the West. Take out the bridge and strafe the enemy unit to the west.
- After taking out the two bridges we can freely roam the road system and strafe enemy units on the ground. I would like us to concentrate our strafing runs in grid AN-22.5 near Axis controlled CP 5. There are many supply and CC units there on the move to the highway.
Method of accomplishment
- Maintain a strong willed effort for air superiority in the first half of the mission (yes, this is a "target" but in a sort of esoteric sense...).
- Suspected enemy submerged submarine in BP-8. We will need a coordinated effort with at least two heavy bombers with bombs set on delay for this. Pavel & Pavlov - I am relying on your low altitude level bombing skills for this. Please check what is the minimum altitude for level bombing with the realistic torpedo & bomb fuzing mod enabled.
- Enemy ship formation in BJ-10. I suspect these are small ships we can strafe, if there is a destroyer there we will use P-40Es with bombs.
- Human recon of the North East to North area of the map for transport insertions with 3x A-20C aremed with Torpedo. Due to the prevailing weather conditions AI recon will probably be useless.
Due to prevailing weather conditions (Blind, cloud at 800.0 m) we will rely primarily fighter bombers, pure fighters, and a few torpedo bombers to execute our plans.
- 4x P-39D of the 39th FG; from Port Moresby; CAP Port Moresby.
- 2x B-17E; from Port Moresby; Low level bomb drop on enemy periscope (submerged sub) in BP-8.
- 6x P40E with 500lb bomb;80th FS; Airstart from Cairns SP; Attack bridges 43 in AP-22.6 and 46 in AO-21.8; Secondary objective is strafing runs in grid AN-22.5 near Axis controlled CP 5. There are many supply and CC units there on the move to the highway.
- 2x P-40E with Drop Tank;80th FS; Airstart from Cairns SP; Escort for the above.
- 4x P-40E with 500lb bomb; 75th FS; from Milne; Bomb and strafe Enemy ship formation in BJ-10; Climb back to altitude and CAP Milne area; Coordinate efforts with the IAF, 242 and SYN squuadrons.
242 Sqn + SYN Sqn:
- 4x P-39N with 250kg bomb; 201st FS; from Milne; Drop bombs on periscope. Coordinate with B17, then with A-20s.
- 3x A-20C with torpedo; 11 Sqn; from Milne; Northern sweep for enemy transports; secondary target is the stationary destroyers anchored off Vivigani.
- 4x P-40E with DT of the 77th FS; Airstart from Suva; CAP Milne Bay area.
- B-17s (Pavel & Pavlov) to coordinate with the IAF P-39s for the exact location of the enemy submerged sub.
- 102nd Sqn 4x P-40E in Milne area with bombs will attack the enemy ship formation in BJ-10, then continue to CAP the Milne Bay area, provide air cover for the Tramp Steamer and Liberty Ship on the way to the Withdrawl point at BQ-4.9.
- IAF Sqn 4x P-39N "Party Poopers" in Milne area to first drop their bombs on the enemy submerged sub, then switch to Air to Air mode: seek out enemy bomber formations and harass them with your BFG. Stay fast, do not get entangled with the Zero fighter escorts or sweeps. If it gets too hot use your superior speed to dive out and exit the fight, returning later on better terms of energy and positional advantage.
- Stay alive!
- Bring your airplanes home! its how SEOW campaigns are won
We meet as usual: starting from 19:00 GMT for tech support, line up and Briefing at 19:30 GMT.
Will be the SEOWHQ TS Server at:
IL2 Coop Host
Will be the 22GCT Server at:
Mission Schedule (all times in GMT)
19:00 Connection to the TS server, setup of whispers & technical assistance.
19:15 Pre-Briefing in front of the MP and this thread.
19:25 Connection to the IL2 Host, and selection of your aircraft, lineup.
19:30 Briefing in front of the ingame map.
19:50 Finalize Lineup
19:55 Final coordination between squads.
20:00 Hit FLY!
Cya all there, S!